‘Tis the season to be a little off-topic, so in the interest of the holidays, we wanted to share a special recipe with you this festive season, courtesy of Aubrey & Lindsay’s Little House Blog.
Take a look at this fantastic recipe if you’re planning to bake a little cheer for your family and friends over the holidays. It just doesn’t get much more festive than sugar cookies, and as Lindsay says on her post, these are “The best sugar cookies you’ll ever have.”
1 1/4 Cup of white sugar
1 Package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup of soft butter
2 1/4 cups of white flour
1. Mix sugar, cheeses, vanilla, butter, and egg together until blended
2. Add in flour and mix until blended to make the dough. Chill overnight (Best to wrap in wax paper)
3. Roll the dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to makes shapes. Use lots of flour as the dough is quite sticky
4. Bake on a non stick baking pan for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
5. Let Cookies cool for 30 minutes then decorate!